Some friends have asked me about Savings Account after OCBC revised their bonus interest for 360 Savings Account. No doubt, it is not attractive as before but it is still quite ok. For me, I am using Standard Chartered Bonus$aver World MasterCard Credit Card/Savings Account for earning bonus interest.
For OCBC 360 Savings Account, here are the interest earning tiers.
So why I do not use OCBC 360 Savings Account?
- I credit my salary to Standard Chartered SuperSalary Current Account which does not require minimum balance and free cheque book for life.
- I pay almost all my bills using Credit Cards to maximize my returns and have 0 GIRO arrangement to my Savings/Current Account with Standard Chartered.
- Spending SG$500 on Standard Chartered Bonus$aver World MasterCard Credit Card monthly gives me 0.88% interest on my Standard Chartered Bonus$aver Savings Account. (Minimal effort, maximum return. I’m a lazy person. This will earn you just 0.55% interest on OCBC.)
- Standard Chartered has nice internet banking and mobile banking application. Their internet banking site is quite plain and simple. Not fanciful like what other banks are moving into but gets job done. Their mobile banking application Breeze is very nice.
- BEST INTERNET BANKING TOKEN EVER!
Some people may challenge and say Standard Chartered is bad, lousy and ATM hard to find etc. So far I do not have any bad experience with them and their ATM is quite easy to find thanks to ATM5 network. I can use ATMs of Standard Chartered, Citibank, HSBC, Maybank, ANZ and some other small banks. Very little queue at these ATMs is also a huge plus point.
Disclaimer: Use credit card responsibly.