[Update 1/4/2016]: You can now apply for a free Credit Report from CBS if you apply for a Credit Card. Regardless of whether it is approved or not. Details here.
Was thinking of writing an article on credit report and Claudia from Cardable beat me to that. That was a good summary on credit report so kudos to that. You can read it at here.
After reading through that article, I thought I can add on to it. So here are some things that I will like to add on.
So how does a credit report look like? I have bought my credit report last July from Credit Bureau Singapore (CBS) and here is how it looks like.
Some additional information on credit report:
|Who are authorized providers for credit report?|
|Who can access your credit report?||
|How much does it costs?||
|Where to buy? (CBS)||
- When banks reject your credit card application, they will never say why. Buying your own credit report may give you answer. It may be because:
- Bank may think that you have too much unsecured credit.
- Bank may think that you have too many credit cards.
- Bank may see that you have high frequency of defaults.
- You can have an AA score but still can get rejected for credit card application. (That happened to me.)
Disclaimer: Use credit card responsibly.