Usually I will try a top 10 ranked local hotel (Not under any international chain and manage by locals.) based on TripAdvisor ranking when I visit a country for the 1st time. (Hotel Icon for Hong Kong-Rank 2, Dandy Hotel TianMu for Taiwan-Rank 3 and Hotel Ryumeikan for Tokyo-Rank 2.) So for my recent Bangkok trip, I choose U-Tiny Boutique Home Suvarnabhumi Bangkok which is currently rank 8 on TripAdvisor. So how was it?
A quick tour round the room.
A quick tour round hotel.
That was 2 Facebook Live broadcast that I did from U-Tiny. Hope it gives you a good look around. So here are some photos taken at U-Tiny.
More photos here. (Room photos etc.)
What I like about the hotel:
- Convenient. (Near airport and complimentary airport transfer. Additional pickup from Lat Krabang station at night chargeable at 100THB or about SG$3.87.)
- New place and facilities.
- Homely feel.
- Nice public area. (Lobby, Living Room, Lawn and Pool etc.)
- Friendly staffs.
- Well prepared family style meals.
- In house massage service available. (Highly recommended!)
- Super spacious and comfortable rooms.
- Free WIFI!
Things to improve:
- TV reception not good. In room antenna needed a lot of adjustment. Gave up and relied on my trusty tablet instead.